[OpenWrt-Devel] procd: patch to support busybox mkfs.ext2

Luke McKee hojuruku at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 20:37:05 EDT 2016

Actually lzo compresses better but they are both fast. lz4 is faster
on embedded devices.

zram-swap should use lz4 if available and the patch can be as it
was.http://blog.jpountz.net/post/28092106032/wow-lz4-is-fast

<mangix> lz4 has compression levels. in any case, speed > size on
embedded devices. interestingly enough, higher lz4 compression yields
faster decompression
<hojuruku> http://www.ilsistemista.net/index.php/linux-a-unix/44-linux-compressors-comparison-on-centos-6-5-x86-64-lzo-vs-lz4-vs-gzip-vs-bzip2-vs-lzma.html?start=4

They are mostly the same. On average 2.8 compression ratio in lz4 vs
3.0 in lzo. Can't hurt to go with the fastest.