[OpenWrt-Devel] Unable to opkg install openvswitch

Alexandru Ardelean ardeleanalex at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 04:11:34 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 4:38 PM, Alexandru Ardelean
<ardeleanalex at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 4:29 PM, 조동규 <cho4036 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> At first, i reset my router using tftp with ArcherC7v2_tp_recovery.bin file.
>> I set it internet works, and then I did opkg update and opkg install
>> openvswitch.
>>
>> then i saw that error message.
>>
>> FYI, here is a link that someone already asked, it looks similar with my
>> problem  but i couldn't find an answer.
>> https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/22212
>>
>> Thanks
>> DongGyu Cho

>>> So, did you do a
>>>
>>> opkg update
>>>
>>> first ?
>>>
>>> Can you give tell me which command series did you try ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Alex
>>

> Oh.
> Will check

It seems that the kernel version for OpenWrt 15.05.1 is 3.18.23.
While the OVS kernel module expects 3.18.21.

I just started reading more in-depth the tickets and that seems to be the case.
And it seems to be more kernel modules having this issue.

So, you either build OpenVswitch manually for CC, or you wait for a
re-spin of the CC release.
I cannot help out more on this, since I am only a package maintainer
for the OVS package.
I am not too involved in the big release process to help out more.

Thanks
Alex