[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt cfg80211.h station_info incompatibility with kernel+mac80211 [was: B.A.T.M.A.N. V leaves the nest v2]

Felix Fietkau nbd at openwrt.org
Thu Jan 21 09:47:02 EST 2016

On 2016-01-21 15:26, Sven Eckelmann wrote:
> patches?
> package
>> > The openwrt mac80211 package exports its headers to
>> > $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/include/mac80211
>> >
>> > You could just make the batman-adv package use those includes.
>>
>> Thanks, missed that. I will prepare a pull request for openwrt-routing.
>
> Hm, didn't work out so well. It basically explodes right away because
> possible_net_t, possible_read_pnet, possible_write_pnet is not defined on
> v3.18 when not using the mac80211 backporting headers. And when usign the
> backporting headers then it will explode because it conflicts with batman-
> adv's own backporting stuff. And without the batman-adv's backporting headers
> it will also not compile due to missing backporting hacks.
I think in the short term it would be a good idea to identify what's
missing in the mac80211 backport support and make patches for it.
You should also rebase those on top of backports.git and submit them
upstream.

For a long term solution, you guys should probably start pushing for
full batman-adv integration in kernel backports. Might be useful for
increasing adoption of the latest stuff even outside of OpenWrt.

- Felix