[OpenWrt-Devel] lantiq: Initial linux 4.4 support (with SPI problems)

Daniel Schwierzeck daniel.schwierzeck at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 16:48:40 EST 2016

Am Samstag, den 16.01.2016, 21:17 +0100 schrieb Martin Blumenstingl:

> So compared to your patch the final list of changes is:
> - INIT_COMPLETION -> reinit_completion
> - use clk_get_fpi()
> - of_device_id for "lantiq,spi-xrx100"
>
> I only have three small questions left:
> - The "spi_frm" interrupt is currently unused - is that on purpose?

yes, this interrupt is only needed for DMA transfers.

> - I went ahead and added multiple "compatible" strings to the
> soc.dtsi, for example: compatible = "lantiq,spi-ase",
> "lantiq,spi-xway"; - do you see any problems with that?

there should be only one compatible string in the DTS. For backward
compatibility the driver could support old and new strings.

> Please let me know if you have more feedback - otherwise I'll do the
> final round of tests and send the patches later.

AFAIK the upstream preference is to have "lantiq,<soc>-spi". I forgot
to fix that in the driver. Could you change that? Thanks.

--
- Daniel