[OpenWrt-Devel] Setting uci defaults in trunk

Jo-Philipp Wich jow at openwrt.org
Fri Feb 26 09:52:00 EST 2016

Hi.

> In r48800 this file seems to have been replaced by
> /etc/board.d/02_network instead. Unfortunately "raw" uci commands does
> not work since its generating /etc/board.json instead? Am I correct?
>
> If I do this then "dhcp" is ignored and the interface is set to static
> anyway:
> ucidef_set_interface_lan "eth0" "dhcp"

This sounds like a bug to me, it is supposed to work. Please post your
used board.d script and the resulting board.json.

> How to convert the wireless and the hostname I have no idea?

You can still use uci-defaults for that.

> Next is led. I had this in /etc/uci-defaults/02_network:
> ucidef_set_led_netdev "lan_act" "LANACT" "tellstick:green:lan" "eth0"
> ucidef_set_led_netdev "lan_link" "LANLINK" "tellstick:orange:lan" "eth0"
> uci set system.led_lan_act.mode='tx rx'
> uci set system.led_lan_link.mode='link'

I added support for passing the mode with
 https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/48806
so your lines should become:

ucidef_set_led_netdev "lan_act" "LANACT" "tellstick:green:lan" \
    "eth0" "tx rx"

ucidef_set_led_netdev "lan_link" "LANLINK" "tellstick:orange:lan" \
    "eth0" "link"

~ Jow