[OpenWrt-Devel] lantiq/xrx200-net: separate lan and wan ports

Martin Schiller mschiller at tdt.de
Tue Feb 16 03:46:09 EST 2016

On 02/16/2016 at 8:32 AM, Martin Blumenstingl wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 8:06 AM, Martin Schiller <mschiller at tdt.de> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I need to set up the xrx200 switch with one LAN switch part (phy2-phy5)
> and one WAN port (phy1).
> >
> > The problem is, that I can see the LAN traffic on the WAN port and vice
> versa.
> >
> > It doesn't also matter if SW_PORTMAP is defined or not.
> >
> > I think it maybe has something to do with the PCE_PMAPx setup, but how
> to set this port mappings to get separated LAN and WAN groups?
> I think you are right on this one. There's one user who investigated
> some PPPoE/broadcast issue with the WAN port and here's what he found
> out: [0]
> Here's where the initialization takes place in the OpenWrt driver: [1]
>
> To sum up "ased's" findings, the original driver (at least in some of
> the ifxmips_ppa_datapath_vr9_* configurations):
> - PCE_PMAP1 is set to 0x40 (= port 7 / CPU port) instead of 0x7f (= all ports)
> - PCE_PMAP2 and 3 are set to 0x7f & (~priv->hw->wan_map) ("all but the
> configured WAN port(s)")

I've already tried this and it will fix only half the problem:
By removing the wan port from this port mappings, there will be no LAN traffic on the WAN port any more.
But the incoming WAN traffic is still on the LAN side.

I also wonder what the PMAC_EWAN register setting may have to do with this, or what it is good for at all.