[OpenWrt-Devel] [LEDE-DEV] [OpenWrt-Users] Talks between OpenWrt and LEDE

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Thu Dec 22 17:56:34 EST 2016

>> IMHO if you want to add "freshness" and still leverage the old brand
>> you do something like, e.g., Pepsi Zero.  You do "The OpenWRT LEDE
>> Edition!".
>>
>> Just a thought.

John> certainly an interesting idea worth considering.

FWIW, when our CWN was considering a rebranding (we still are, on the
back burner), the advice we got was to phase in name changes over time
scales of a year or so, with co-branding during the transition, very
gradually increasing emphasis on the new name and decreasing emphasis on
the old name.

All names have upsides and downsides.

--
Russell Senior, President