[OpenWrt-Devel] BT Home Hub 5 support

Mauro M. openwrt at ezplanet.net
Fri Dec 2 04:38:45 EST 2016

After more investigation I was unable to activate the BtHomeHub 5 build
in OpenWRT code.

I had been away from this forum for a while and I was not aware of the
LEDE fork.

I have seen these "lede" images on the router wiki page, but initially I
did not know anything about LEDE so I did not consider them.

When finally I had the time to follow the links and read and digest the
story, I pulled the code from GIT and found out that BtHomeHub5 build
can be configured, the code is newer and it looks better. I was able too
to merge into my LEDEe git pull my ipvs module that I tried back in
February/March to get included in OpenWRT without success (it was a
really painful experience and the reasons behind the LEDE fork explain
my experience). The ipvs merge into LEDE did not require any
modification. Great!

So for anyone looking for the right firmware for this router --> move to
LEDE.

Thank you

On 29/11/16 13:11, Mauro M. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> From the OpenWrt wiki page: https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/bt/homehub_v5a
> I understand that support for BT Home Hub 5 was included in DD trunk.
>
> I pulled the latest trunk source 50013 from git, but the image is not
> built under bin/lantiq as expected.
>
> As deducted from the firmware images available on-line
> (openwrt-lantiq-xrx200-BTHOMEHUBV5A-install-uImage-initramfs
> <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26940713/OpenWrt/openwrt-lantiq-xrx200-BTHOMEHUBV5A-install-uImage-initramfs>)
> I am using:
> Target System (Lantiq)  --->
> Subtarget (XRX200)  --->
> Target Profile (Default Profile)  --->
>
> There is nothing else other than Default Profile. I was expecting to
> find a specific BTHOMEHUB5 configuration.
>
> I run a grep on the code and I found  the following:
>
> ./target/linux/lantiq/image/Makefile:Image/BuildKernel/Profile/BTHOMEHUBV5A=$(call
> Image/BuildKernel/Template,BTHOMEHUBV5A)
> ./target/linux/lantiq/image/Makefile:Image/Build/Profile/BTHOMEHUBV5A=$(call
> Image/BuildNAND/$(1),$(1),BTHOMEHUBV5A)
> ./target/linux/lantiq/image/Makefile:define LegacyDevice/BTHOMEHUBV5A
> ./target/linux/lantiq/image/Makefile:LEGACY_DEVICES += BTHOMEHUBV5A
> ./target/linux/lantiq/base-files/etc/board.d/01_leds:BTHOMEHUBV5A)
> ./target/linux/lantiq/base-files/etc/board.d/02_network:BTHOMEHUBV5A)
> ./target/linux/lantiq/base-files/etc/hotplug.d/firmware/11-ath10k-caldata:
>     BTHOMEHUBV5A)
> ./target/linux/lantiq/dts/BTHOMEHUBV5A.dts:    model = "BTHOMEHUBV5A -
> BT Home Hub 5A";
>
> However I am not sure how to activate the build.
> Please could you help?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Mauro

Mauro Mozzarelli