[OpenWrt-Devel] latency on PPPoA ADSL Annex A on using Lantiq

Daniel Niasoff daniel at redactus.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 09:38:55 EDT 2016

Hi

I am using the latest OpenWRT trunk on a TP-LINK TD-W8980 (Lantiq).

I am noticing latency when traffic terminates/commences from the router itself. Any traffic routed via the router is unaffected.

I have tried multiple firmwares from https://xdarklight.github.io/lantiq-xdsl-firmware-info/ but the problem appears on all of them.

No such issue appears on VDSL and I have tried various different ISPs in the UK and am seeing the same behaviour.

I can provide remote ssh access if required. When using SSH you will notice it feels sluggish due to this issue.

Any ideas pleeeease, I am really stuck here?

Thanks

Daniel