[OpenWrt-Devel] Question about openwrt release revision

pupie pupiecn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 03:34:50 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,
I am so glad that openwrt 15.05 has been release.

I noticed that since AA release, openwrt team neither tag the source tree
in subversion/git after an official release nor provide the revision/commit
sha-1 along with release note.
I just want to know where can I get this info and why this is not provided
officially?
Per my understanding to release procedure in some opensource projects,
developers tag source tree with referential info/version number so that
downstream followers can precisely checkout that snapshot of source from
which the release image is built.

thanks
pupie