[OpenWrt-Devel] x86-64: /proc is not being mounted

Carlos Ferreira carlosmf.pt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 10:06:28 EDT 2015

Btw, I'm taking this issue quite seriously, because I really wanted to use
OpenWRT in My SuperMicro motherboard. For many, using this kind of hardware
with OpenWRT might be seen as overkill, but these are my reasons:
- This motherboard uses an Atom CPU which does not support VT-d, so PCI
passthrough is not available.
- I tried to virtualize pfSense using KVM. Although I succeeded, I quickly
ran into issues with virtio interfaces. I game up when the pfSense file
system got corrupted after 2 hard resets.
- Although pfSense is a incredible project and a quite good firewall, it is
limited to that. I'm unable to develop my own software to use with it.

Using OpenWRT seens to me, to be the better option. Everything I need is
there, hardware support, software, LXC. IMHO, OpenWRT is more than a
distribution just for wireless embedded devices, it is also a good option
for a high performance home/office Router/Server all-in-one solution.

Because of this, I'm inclined to (try) to contribute with a target,
specifically for this supermicro motherboard, since it is basically, a big
SBC.

Can anyone provide me with some insight and directions in how to contribute
with a new specific target for OpenWRT?

Work E-mail - cmf at av.it.pt
Skype & GTalk -> carlosmf.pt at gmail.com
LinkedIn -> http://www.linkedin.com/in/carlosmferreira