[OpenWrt-Devel] fstools: block command doesn't recognize supported filesystem types because of libblkid-tiny

Martin Blumenstingl martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 31 11:44:49 EDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 6:13 PM, Sandy McArthur Jr <sandy at mcarthur.org> wrote:
> While attempting to pivot overlay using the f2fs filesystem in a 4mib
> internal flash storage device on usb flash storage with the final CC
> 15.05 release I ran into the hurdle that the block command doesn't
> understand the magic bytes for an f2fs filesystem.
I just ran into a similar issue while trying to mount an F2FS
formatted drive on my device.
I went ahead and created a patch for fstools which applies fstools
master (which then have to be updated in trunk): [0]

If someone wants then he/she can now easily add further superblock
types as the libblkid-tiny code is now "up to date" with what
util-linux has.

Regards,
Martin

[0] https://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2015-October/036892.html