[OpenWrt-Devel] Supporting proprietary code

Samba Siva Karthik Bollam sambabollam at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 14 14:50:34 EDT 2015

Hi
   I worked with Qualcomm and Intel on their networking chipsets and they are using openwrt on their systems. But one thing I noticed is unlike Android where they support adding proprietary source code in the build system, openwrt is not so flexible.

Is there any plans for openwrt to add a folder inside openwrt build system where companies can add their source code and its automatically included in the build environment? Having that support will make it easy to adopt openwrt on many chipsets.

Karthik Bollam