[OpenWrt-Devel] SVN to GIT transition

John Crispin blogic at openwrt.org
Mon Oct 12 03:44:13 EDT 2015

On 12/10/2015 09:07, Steven Barth wrote:
> And don't get me started about having a completely different Issuetracker with
> different credentials etc.

indeed there i this thing called trac which i wonder if people actually
use/look at.

so we really have 3 issues at hand

1) switch the core tree to using git
2) make sure that release branches have a history
3) pull from github trees

1) & 2) are just technical / organizational issues i guess

as for 3), if we move to gihub we have yet another entry point that we
need to look after. ok, we could close trac but that would just move the
"noise" from one place to another. obsoleting the rest of the existing
infra is also a bit quirky i guess as people are using it actively.

there is nothing stopping you right now from setting up a say "network
susbsystem" tree on github that you pull your patches into and once you
have your tree ready you can simply push the changes to the master tree.

	John