[OpenWrt-Devel] SVN to GIT transition
cyrus at openwrt.org
Mon Oct 12 02:38:14 EDT 2015
Let's face it though: the current workflow wrt. core patches is crappy.
1. Go to patchwork, see if there is a patch
2. If you want to comment, switch to mail client, find thread, write reply.
3. If you want to commit: download patch, go to command line, see if it applies
4. Then manually go back to patchwork and adjust the status of the patch.
5. Upon merging go back to mail and write a mail ala "Patch Accepted".
Sure could use pwclient and ocassionally do, however it does essentially one thing
only: save me the download step. Yes, I can also save me the click back to the
browser to hit accept and can do that via CLI (if I remember the cryptic switches).
On top of that now I have to deal with an opaque 5 or 6-digit patch id in my head.
Compared to Github, Gitlab or Gerrit this is bullshit.
openwrt-devel mailing list
openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org
More information about the openwrt-devel