[OpenWrt-Devel] Becoming maintainer of bandwidthd

Jean-Michel Lacroix lacroix at lepine-lacroix.info
Fri Oct 9 14:39:22 EDT 2015

Hello,

I saw lately that the bandwidthd package was not maintained anymore (it
is part of the oldpackages).  I was able a few days ago to compile it
for Chaos Calmer for the ar71xx and test it on a router that I have: it
seems to be working fine and collecting the data correctly.

As the bandwidthd package on OpenWrt has a few items not present when
compared to the full bandwidthd (ex: the ability to save on a postgresql
database), I would like to see if it would be possible for me to become
a maintainer of the package.  I do not have any experience on
maintaining a package for OpenWrt, but I am willing to learn to do it if
I am pointed in the right direction.

--
Jean-Michel Lacroix
3303 place de Chazel