[OpenWrt-Devel] API documentation of ubus

Srdjan Rosic srdjan.rosic at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 08:07:26 EST 2015

Hi,

--[Far from being an authoritative source, but just happen to be
subscribed to the mailing list]--

I had a brief look at the ubus repo when you first sent an email, and
the header files were pretty usable imho, laid out in a way I'd
consider to be logical, and if you've ever written any kind of
client/server code ubus terminology isn't far off, and you should be
able to find your way around.

Most openwrt users just want to glue stuff in shell, and I found this
wiki to have useful examples for that (if that's what you want to do):
https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/techref/ubus

If I were you, and were looking for examples, I'd look at existing
openwrt binaries, since they use ubus and try to follow the same
patterns.

-s

P.S. As with any software, you should write integration tests that
exercise the functionality of your software, in order to ensure
possible future changes don't break your software in unintended ways.
Srdjan Rosic