[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWRT broken for some reason in my system

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Mon Nov 9 12:34:56 EST 2015

I am not sure if there is anything that strange.
See https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/include/prereq-build.mk#L27

'gcc' basically just checks that gcc exists. (check that it responds to 'gcc
--version' command)
'working-gcc' checks if gcc actually can compile anything. It tries to
compile an one-line program.
The later five failing tests also depend on a working gcc.

If you are really interested, check the test command from lines 39-40 manually:
  echo 'int main(int argc, char **argv) { return 0; }' | gcc -x c -o
$(TMP_DIR)/a.out -

Manually running it might give a better error message.