[OpenWrt-Devel] How to track IO usage of internal flash mtd partitions?

valent.turkovic at gmail.com valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Tue May 19 08:52:14 EDT 2015

> Try dstat. you can select it in the utilities menu.
> http://dag.wiee.rs/home-made/dstat/
>
> Pepe

I tried dstat also, with "dstat -r" and with "dstat --disk-util"
options, nothing.

So far my conclusion is that utilies that works with block devices
can't work with mtd partitions. And other issue is that mtdblock
kernel module doesn't give any statistics so mtdblock partitions show
0 usage with any standard tool that tries to read io statistics from
mtdblock partitions .

Is there maybe something that I have missed or there is no tool for
reading IO usage of mtd partitions?

Is there a way to read IO usage of /overlay jffs2 partition?