[OpenWrt-Devel] WAN dhcp client doesnt recognize unplugged cable and doesnt request new IP on replugged

Hans Dedecker dedeckeh at gmail.com
Fri May 15 03:34:14 EDT 2015

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 10:45 PM, Jakub Jančo <kubco2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> No I havent, I thought it is "Bring on boot" but it is another option. So my
> problem persist.
> config interface 'wan'
>     option ifname 'eth0'
>     option proto 'dhcp'
>     option metric '1'
>
> config interface 'wan6'
>     option ifname '@wan'
>     option proto 'dhcpv6'
>
> This is my wan config, and after turn off and on lan port on remote site, no
> logs entries.
netifd relies on events from the kernel to detect link changes; when
the cable is unplugged the NO_CARRIER flag of eth0 needs to be set
which can be checked via the ip utility (ip link show) or ifconfig
(RUNNING flag not set in this case). Further the cmd ubus call
network.device status dumps the netifd status of the devices
(including the link state).

Hans