[OpenWrt-Devel] Firefly FireWrt - interesting AC1200 beast

valent.turkovic at gmail.com valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Thu May 14 04:25:07 EDT 2015

Hi,
has anyone got their hands on Firefly FireWrt [1] with Mediatek
MT7621A dual core MIPS 1004Kc processor?

Specs look really interesting, but my concern is wifi driver maturity
and general reliability. Any comments on reliability of Mediatek
platform?

I haven't had experience with and device using Mediatek SoC so any
insights are appreciated.

Also there is currently a Beta program open so you can get demo board
for 69$ [2], I'm sure they will gladly send these boards to OpenWrt
devs.

[1] http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/05/14/firewrt-is-an-openwrt-802-11ac-board-powered-by-mediatek-mt7621a-processor/
[2] http://bbs.t-firefly.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=543