[OpenWrt-Devel] External (public) IP forwarded to internal LAN

Lars Kruse lists at sumpfralle.de
Wed May 13 18:57:31 EDT 2015

Hi Angelo,

> I'm facing an issue with,I think, iptables. This is the scenario: I'm
> using a ddns service to point my external ip to access my server; and it
> works fine, but the original address is always  the internal iface of my
> modem.

I am not sure what is the source and the destination of your requests and
where you noticed an unexpected IP (and what your expectation was).

I guess that the complete firewall configuration is also necessary for analyzing
this problem. Additionally the output of the following commands would be useful:
 iptables -L -vn
 iptables -t nat -L -vn
(preferably in separate files)

cheers,