[OpenWrt-Devel] swconfig: set pvid to the same value as vid for untagged ports?

Roman Yeryomin leroi.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 17:10:32 EDT 2015

I was little bit surprised it's not so currently.
Although I understand that, potentially, there are use cases when you
want port pvid to be different from it's untagged vlan id, but usually
one wants port ingress traffic to fall into the same vlan as it's
untagged egress traffic. Even more, current luci interface ignores
'switch_port' section of /etc/config/network making it impossible to
change pvid from web ui.
Also if one creates a new vlan most likely he will need a new
interface (e.g. eth0.10 for vlan 10). This is not obvious for a
"regular" user.

I think it would be much better if netifd (or whoever does it) would
at least set pvid to vid value for untagged ports in same vlan group.
I can try doing it myself if somebody can give me the pointers to
where the changes should go.

Did I overlook something? Are there other/better options?

Regards,
Roman