[OpenWrt-Devel] Why OpenWrt sucks?

valent.turkovic at gmail.com valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 09:31:04 EDT 2015

On 10 March 2015 at 02:52, Michael Richardson <mcr at sandelman.ca> wrote:

> valent.turkovic at gmail.com <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>     > Why it OpenWrt slower than stock firmware? I can help by shining a bit
>     > of light onto this subject. I'm developing custom firwmares based on
>
> I'm curious about this claim to begin with.
> Of the people who say this, how many of them actually know how to measure
> such a thing?

Not many, but there are enough skilled people on OpenWrt forums. Skill
is not biggest filter but willingness to write a forum post. I know
quite a few people who are skilled enough to do the tests, but none of
them would write it up as a forum post and share this info with
others. Why? They probably don't care enough and about OpenWrt forum
community.

Here is one example of good test, it is for TPLink Archer C7 (Atheros)
which with stock firmware get's much better results than with OpenWrt
- https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=53703 so judge for
yourself if tests are done correctly. Maybe write up a wiki page for
instructions how to properly compare OpenWrt and stock firmware?