[OpenWrt-Devel] LED pattern for WIFI - Led trigger

Farid Farid farid21657 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 12:35:34 EST 2015

Hi Everyone,
I have a question about LED pattern for WIFI(ATH6KL). I am using Openwrt Barrier Breaker - kernel 3-10-xx
Is there anyway to tie a GPIO' Led to hostapd or wpa_supplicant in order to have proper LED pattern for WIFI?
I am using hostapd-20130807

I saw the following post on openwrt wiki for LED trigger . I am wonder if this is supported with ath6kl driver.

WiFi Activity
 this subsection requires expert's review.The LED flashes on events triggered in physical interface, rather than in software network interface. Besides phy triggers have more events, it also provides possibility of static LED setup in case you want to monitor your 2.4 GHz radio (phy0 usually) and 5 GHz radio (phy1 usually) separately. netdev can't guarantee this distinguishing since wlan0 may be referring to 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz radio based on current network setup.
| Name | Type | Required | Default | Description |
| default | integer | no | 0 | LED state before trigger: 0 means OFF and 1 means ON |
| sysfs | string | yes | (none) | LED device name |
| trigger | string | yes | (none) | phy0rx, phy0tx, phy0assoc, phy0radio or phy0tpt |

   - phy0rx - flashes on reception.
   - phy0tx - flashes on transmission.
   - phy0assoc - flashes on client association.
   - phy0radio - ( hard to say what this is supposed to do; this option did nothing on my tl-wr1043nd with Backfire 10.03.1, r29592 and Attitude Adjustment r32793)
   - phy0tpt - flashes slowly and steadily on network activity.   2)
And  another question :
I know there is LED support in Kernel  ( kmod-leds) . In my system I do have all LEDs defined in /sys/class/gpio/gpioxx/
How can I map kernel LED driver on  my LED lines?
Thanks for the help,Farid