[OpenWrt-Devel] [Cerowrt-devel] [sqm-scripts] not started at boot?

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Mon Feb 16 18:23:47 EST 2015

Hi Toke, hi Alan,

On Feb 15, 2015, at 17:18 , Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:

> Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> writes:
>
>> 	Not that I have shown great taste in the past, but I think it
>> would be somewhat cleaner to put the logic into the hot plug script
>> and keep run.sh “simple” (in the past I had introduced a large number
>> of leakage, especially of IFBs by not properly removing/stopping old
>> instances and was quite happy to have the take all active interfaces
>> down loop as a last defense against accidental leaks).
>
> Well, the biggest issue I can see with not having any logic in run.sh is
> that in that case, *all* interfaces will be reconfigured when the
> hotplug event happens. However, I'm not sure exactly how common it is to
> have more than one interface configured for SQM, and if so, whether or
> not reconfiguring everything on every hotplug event (well, only for for
> SQM-enabled interfaces I suppose) is an issue.
>
> The modifications to run.sh should keep it functioning the way it does
> currently if run 'manually' the shell or LUCI. Unless the $DEVICE
> env-var is set for some other reason...
>

>> 	But I am now also running pppoe directly from cerowrt and see
>> 	the same issue, sqm is confused when the pppoe interface
>> 	temporarily goes away, so at least I can now test this issue ;)
>
> Well, a first pass could be to see if the modified run.sh I sent last
> time around actually works... ;)

	While I just had enough time to test this, and on my cerowrt 3.10.50-1 this (in addition to Alan’s hotplug script) does not seem to properly restart SQM over a pppoe reconnect. I will need to find a bit more time to figure out where I misconfigured my system as I expect I should be able to recreate Alan’s success. But this means it will take me even longer to try to improve SQM’s smarts about what to restart…

Best Regards
	Sebastian