[OpenWrt-Devel] wiki.openwrt.org uses an invalid security certificate / expired on 12.2.2015 17:18

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Sat Feb 14 17:29:41 EST 2015

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 09:23:50PM +0100, Alessandro Di Federico wrote:
> > I think the business model of StartSSL and others, is that they give
> > certificates for free, but you have to pay a lot in case you need to
> > revoke a certificate.
> Well, 25 bucks [1] is not a crazily high price for a one-time fee. :)

Well, their site states
Service Unavailable
We apologize for the inconvenience! The service will be back real soon...

Anyway, I was also under the impression that out of all companies in
the SSL business, StartCom is still quite reasonable. The fees seem
justified, at least there is sort of a corellation between effort (i.e.
cost on their side) and the fee they charge. That stands in contrast to
most other players in the field who just charge as much as they can
when ever they can.