[OpenWrt-Devel] Fast build testing [Was: Git mirror with branches, tags and full history]

Bastian Bittorf bittorf at bluebottle.com
Tue Dec 1 12:17:47 EST 2015

* Petr Štetiar <ynezz at true.cz> [30.11.2015 13:47]:
> > build testing OpenWrt can be *really* fast, if you
> >
> > a) build in a ram-disk
> > b) use dedicated hardware for each architecture
> >
> > i bet it's about 300 seconds for a full fresh
> > distributed build for *all* architectures.
>
> That sounds really great, can you please share more details? It's just your
> guess or you've achieved such build times already?

i just retested on one spare machine:
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz

you need ~12 tmpfs and a
"make clean; make -j25"
runs in 310 secs. it seems to last very long
to generate the image-files, compiling itself is fast.

tomorrow i will test another board with 4ghz AMD.

my idea was, that people of the community can "spend"
cpu-time and run builds for only 1 arch after each checkin.

bye, bastian