[OpenWrt-Devel] Using procd for USB hotplug detection

Lazar Demin lazar at onion.io
Sat Aug 29 14:20:53 EDT 2015

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how I can use procd to detect when a new usb
device comes up.

The wiki (http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/techref/procd) was pretty vague
on the proper usage of procd.
The procd init script wiki
(http://wiki.openwrt.org/inbox/procd-init-scripts) wasn't particularly
illuminating either and looks like its mostly geared towards whether
or not to restart the daemon based on if a configuration file (or
network interface) has changed.

Is there a way to use procd to detect a new usb device in a similar
way to the hotplug deamon? Can somebody point me in the right
direction?

I'm currently using fstab to automatically mount any usb-storage, but
ideally I would like to know the device name and type.

Much appreciated,
Lazar