[OpenWrt-Devel] DHCPv6 flash renumbering patches with HE tunnel breaks

Arjen de Korte arjen+openwrt at de-korte.org
Sat Apr 4 13:11:05 EDT 2015

Citeren Steven Barth <cyrus at openwrt.org>:

> Is that okay with you or do you see any other issues?

One issue left. Since IPv6 is configured statically here, the
preferred- and valid lifetimes are 'forever' (represented as
0xffffffff). If the lifetime is forever, it should stay that way. See
attached patch. It does not deal with the situation where
addr[i].{preferred,valid} < now, in which case the value may need to
be clamped to 0 or 1. I'm not sure if this can ever happen though.

I saw negative preferred- and valid lifetimes in my NetworkManager
logs, because the latter has broken logging. These values are unsigned
integers, but they are logged as signed integers (hence the negative
values in the logs).