[OpenWrt-Devel] On support status of OpenWrt for Qihoo C301

Yousong Zhou yszhou4tech at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 22:57:38 EDT 2014

On 23 September 2014 23:54, Weijie Gao <hackpascal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The gap is not used in official firmware, so it is okay not to keep the gap.

Yeah, I checked the content of that segment when using OEM firmware
with "md 0x9ff70000" and found it was almost all filled with 0xff.

> The seama header of factory firmware contains the whole firmware. So after openwrt created the rootfs_data partition, the MD5 digest is corrupted. Instead, the seama header of sysupgrade firmware only contains the kernel, the MD5 digest will not be corrupted.

Wow, I see.  0xdeadc0de will be erased in the first boot.  Shame on me
not thinking further on that.  This should be fixed.

> The three ethernet LEDs are directly configured in mach-qihoo-c301.c, so it is not necessary to defined as GPIO LEDs.
>
> BTW, there are two status LEDs in the front, one is green and another one is red.

Well, is it possible that they are actually 4 leds that can be
controlled by 4 separate GPIOs?  2 groups of leds each controlled by 1
GPIO just to increase the brightness so that it can seen from outside
the case?

> Weijie Gao.

               yousong