[OpenWrt-Devel] Unblockable mutlicast

Daniel Dickinson openwrt at daniel.thecshore.com
Sat Sep 6 02:25:11 EDT 2014

If I posted from the right account, it would help for asking asking a
question...

At the risk of seeming a complete n00b despite being far from it, why am
I seeing this in iftop on BB-rc3 using iftop on the WAN?

all-systems.mcast.net       => 7.249.33.1
all-systems.mcast.net      <= 7.249.33.1

Which whois says is an arin.net IP (which is early arpanet DoD network
IIRC).

It cannot be blocked via iptables which has me curious as to exactly
what kernel subsystem is doing this and why.

Regards,

Daniel