[OpenWrt-Devel] python-smbus

Alexandru Ardelean ardeleanalex at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 08:15:03 EDT 2014

So,

I created this updated version.
https://gist.github.com/commodo/2a5ac7e09b0ae68c9d84

The original Makefile is a bit messed up.

This version builds, but when I import smbus I get this failure:
/usr/bin/python2.7: symbol 'i2c_smbus_access': can't resolve symbol in
lib '/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/smbus.so'.

I found a discussion about it, but no resolution :
https://communities.intel.com/thread/52982

In order to enable the python-smbus package, you need to go to  the
Languages ==> Python menu and select   python-smbus.
Then you should have it on your target.
Hopefully it works for you.

Cheers
Alex