[OpenWrt-Devel] CFE Source Code

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 04:37:30 EDT 2014

On 13 October 2014 09:46, Stephen G. Parry <sgparry at mainscreen.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know if / how I could get hold of the source code for the
> specific version of CFE on the WNR3500L? I am seriously tired of trying
> to get things to work with a bootloader that seems to have 'perverse',
> 'contrary' and 'broken' as it's middle names.

I don't think Netgear tends to release CFE sources. It's not GPL, they
don't have to.

Usually you can find CFE sources in Asus GPL packages. Few examples
where I saw it:
GPL_RT_AC66U_3004374979
GPL_RT_AC68U_3004374583
GPL_RT_N53_3004374130
GPL_RT_N66U_30043744422
RT-N16

You may try to get it, adjust for your device needs, compile, install.
Of course having a flash programmer is must-have for that. I guess
it'll need a lot of effort in general.

--
Rafał