[OpenWrt-Devel] "make package/kernel/mac80211/compile" and kmod-ath question...

John Szakmeister john at szakmeister.net
Sat Oct 4 11:08:19 EDT 2014

Should the following in a clean checkout (with a config) expect to
build correctly?

    make package/kernel/mac80211/compile

I assumed it would, but was surprised when it did not.  It didn't make
sure the tools and toolchain were built and ready, nor did it ensure
the kernel was in a good state for building the modules.

Related to this, in my config I have kmod-ath set to M, but it's
failing to build.  Is this a known issue?  Note: I don't have any
specific Atheros modules selected, other than the one mentioned.

Thanks!

-John