[OpenWrt-Devel] [Cerowrt-devel] better ingress shaping somehow

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Fri Oct 3 14:02:28 EDT 2014

Hi Dave,

On Oct 3, 2014, at 01:07 , Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
[cut a lot...]
> But: the real killer, on ingress shaping, is the call to skb_clone in
> sch_ingress->act_mirred path, I think.

	So I thought that we basically have around 50Mbps “shaping-capability” on the wndrs which hew can distribute between egress and ingress, but if your analysis is correct wouldn’t that mean that shaping egress is cheaper? (Not that this has much relevance in the real world due uplink << downlink asymmetry the ISPs push onto us endusers)

> If it were possible to have sch_cake replace sch_ingress, that would
> be a huge win, but following the call path for why that must be cloned
> has thus far resisted my archeological expertise. An network ninja
> is needed here....
[…]

	;)

Best Regards