[OpenWrt-Devel] [RFC] mt7620 wifi

Roman Yeryomin leroi.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 07:33:48 EDT 2014

On 28 June 2014 19:17, Сергей Василюгин <vasilugin at yandex.ru> wrote:

> 26.06.2014, 06:03, "Daniel" <daniel at makrotopia.org>:
>
> Hi Roman,
>
> On 04/04/2014 04:39 PM, Roman Yeryomin wrote:
>
>  I worked on other things lately but plan to return to rt2x00 soon and
>  maybe try ralink driver on trunk again.
>
> I started looking into your patches and started to see things moving as far
> as
> you got.
> I suggest to define RT6352 and set chip.rt to that instead of checking for
> chip.rf == RF7620 in cases which were meant for RT5390.
> Is there any more recent version of your work on rt2x00 than the
> 630-rt2x00-add-mt7620-20140131.patch included in your first post? If so,
> please
> share it, I'd like to re-use what ever there is and try to botch things up a
> bit ;)
>
> Cheers
>

> Daniel
>
> After some attempts tonight I make working version of the patch. But my
> trunk revision really very old and I need time to rebase it.
> The key error was in rt2800_rfcsr_read for RF7620 (wrong bitmask). So
> *value = rt2x00_get_field32(reg, RF_CSR_CFG_DATA);
> instead of
> *value = rt2x00_get_field32(reg, RF_CSR_CFG_DATA_MT7620);
> broke all rf reading.

Honestly that sounds weird because unless you change all the other
masks for mt7620 you will have them overlapped.
Also this is how that register is described in datasheet (the fields
are in reverse order comparing to all other socs).
If you say you got it working can you send at least binary image to
test (while you are trying to rebase it)?

Regards,
Roman