[OpenWrt-Devel] [BUG] NAND sysupgrade broke ubifs on Netgear WNDR3700v4/4300.

Paul Blazejowski paulb at blazebox.homeip.net
Mon Jul 21 17:05:59 EDT 2014

Hi John,

strange i did not receive your email, yet others from ml show up in my
inbox just fine...(case of forgotten cc: or reply to all?) anyways ...

just flashed the factory image i've built from r41792 and the changes
you've made in r41788 by spitting the 2 routers work just fine for me.

The router now correctly identifies as wndr3700v4 as reported in LuCI
and kernel dmesg as well as in sysinfo:

root at router:/tmp# cat sysinfo/*
wndr3700v4
NETGEAR WNDR3700v4

As for sysupgrade, it shows the checksum now and flashes OK.

It is nice to just upload the image into web interface and flash away
instead of cables,pins and other gadgets to get the firmware loaded ...

I thank you for your help in fixing this issue. case closed ;-)

Best Regards,
-paul