[OpenWrt-Devel] uClibc-ng

Sedat Dilek sedat.dilek at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 02:34:55 EDT 2014

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 9:13 PM, Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx at uclibc-ng.org> wrote:
> Hello Embedded Linux Hackers,
>
> it seems there is no plan to release a new uClibc version.
> The current maintainer does not response on any public or private mails
> about a plan to do a needed release. Therefore most of you carrying a lot
> of patches against uClibc 0.9.33.2 to make it work in your project.
> A really ugly situation.

I have seen some patches got in uClibc upstream some weeks ago (-> inactivity).
But anyway, a 1st try...
Look at OpenSSL and LibreSSL... Might be we see some competition or
rebirth starting here, too?

My POV (from my experiences) is most embedded projects are not really
interested in upstream work or keep their own patches (this seems to
be easier).
An example:
Recently, I pointed to [0], but the maintainer of the project did not
give any feedback to Bernd (requested a simple S-o-b).
What I want to say it is not only a problem of the uClibc maintainer :-).