[OpenWrt-Devel] IPv6 firewall and Port Control Protocol (Was: Barrier Breaker 14.07-rc1)

Steven Barth cyrus at openwrt.org
Mon Jul 14 08:38:16 EDT 2014

Hi Baptiste,

in general our current firewalling approach is to keep defaults for IPv4
and IPv6 relatively close (not considering NAT here of course). Opening
up the IPv6 firewall by default would be unexpected and I don't really
like the approach for that matter and honestly I don't trust client
devices that much.

However the packaged version of miniupnpd does indeed support both UPNP
WANIPv6FirewallControl and PCP. One of my colleague recently ran a test
with PCP and said miniupnpd and it works fine.

Cheers,

Steven