[OpenWrt-Devel] IEEE 802.11 TDMA mode support in OpenWRT

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Thu Jul 3 15:55:25 EDT 2014

Ben> [...] Also, i believe TDMA requires very tight synchronization
Ben> between all radios, hence the inclusion of GPS modules on
Ben> proprietary implementations.

Ubiquiti AirMax hardware does not have GPS, so it must be possible to
do without.

When we were stripping some SkyPilot hardware that we salvaged from a
dead muni-wifi project, they included a GPS in each device.  It is a
shame the operator (MetroFi) didn't use the GPS to report the device
locations, as cleaning up after them would have been much easier.  We
were told the primary purpose of the GPS was for timing.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net