[OpenWrt-Devel] Moving to 3.17.x kernel?

Marc Nicholas marc at wimoto.com
Fri Dec 19 06:42:27 EST 2014

Hi,

I think I might inherently know this is might be more trouble than it’s worth, but I have a piece of code that requires a 3.17 kernel and the kernel feature in question hasn’t been back-ported yet (CONFIG_BT_6LOWPAN).

I’m reasonably comfortable with using the development trunks, but was wondering if anyone had any feedback on just how much effort I’d be looking at rev’ing from the current 3.14.x to 3.17 kernels? And maybe how to go about this?

I guess one of the major hurdles is dependencies and things beyond the kernel breaking as I go?

Any feedback appreciated :)

-m