[OpenWrt-Devel] Netgear WNDR3400 v1 and mac addresses

Flávio Silveira fggs at terra.com.br
Fri Dec 12 20:14:10 EST 2014

Good evening,

   I've flashed a Netgear WNDR3400 v1 with final official Barrier
Breaker image.

   I've discovered that all mac addresses are the same for lan, wan and
wireless, which I find odd.

   My search found this patch:
https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/branches/barrier_breaker/target/linux/brcm47xx/patches-3.10/145-MIPS-BCM47XX-fixup-broken-MAC-addresses-in-nvram.patch

   This patch seems to fix exactly what I'm seeing, I just want to know
why this is exclusively for routers with 00:90:4C macs, because my
router is showing the same behavior with the exception that the mac
address matches the one on the sticker. This router shows two mac
addresses on the sticker by the way, my guess is one is for LAN, the
other is for WAN.

Thanks in advance!