Removing outdated releases from downloads.o.o

Paul Spooren mail at aparcar.org
Wed Jan 3 04:25:05 PST 2024

Hi, I’m currently checking what needs to remove mirror-01/02 and replace them by a both faster and cheaper machine.

While we store all old releases (e.g. 5 year old 17.01), all links on the website point to archive.o.o. I suggest that we only serve snapshots and supported releases on the main download server and serve all other releases via the archive server only.

This would break very old forum links but for those cases we could either say such old shouldn’t be used in the first place or add a forwarding rule to the archive server.

Best,
Paul