Maintenance of openwrt.org and CDN for downloads

Paul Spooren mail at aparcar.org
Sun Dec 17 15:21:35 PST 2023

Hi Aaron,

> Not sure if I can post to the ADM list, but I will try copying it.

It’s a separate list but not limited in membership, you can freely subscribe.

> I don't know if this is related to your upgrades or if it is just
> coincidental (and has just been missed for the last couple of
> releases), but there are many devices (I looked specifically at the
> Buffalo WHR-1166D, Netgear R6100, Netgear R6260 and Netgear R6350)
> which list 23.05.0 as the latest release and point to the 23.05.0
> install files instead of the 23.05.2 files (despite those four all
> having the same files available under 23.05.0 and 23.05.2).
>
> Filtering by release in the TOH, only 22 devices are listed as using
> 23.05.2 vs 980 that are listed as using 23.05.0.

That’s not related to the recent changes. However I’m looking into resolving this via an automation in some near future.

> In the good news department, the TOH loaded noticeably faster than
> when I last used it (ie: it was actually usable instead of crashing
> that tab in Firefox after trying to load for several minutes as it has
> been prone to doing in the past).

That’s due to a joint effort of Jo and me to render the ToH in browser and thereby lowering the burden on our database. This is still work in progress but should eventually speed up things even more.

> Thanks for the hard work.

Updating ancient systems on a Sunday is.. fun!

Best