[VOTE] enable github sponsors via the SFC

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Sat Dec 10 11:54:02 PST 2022

Hi everyone!

I just found out that Github's sponsor program supports working with
the SFC as fiscal sponsor[1]. As we organized with SFC, enabling a
Github sponsor button allowing people to donate would be easily
possible and donations would just end up in our account at SFC.
In the previous developer meeting it was pointed out that donating to
the OpenWrt project is too hidden and users may not know that this
option even exists unless they really look for it.
Enabling the Sponsor button for the OpenWrt organization and OpenWrt
**core** repository could make donating to the project more popular.

[1]: https://docs.github.com/en/sponsors/receiving-sponsorships-through-github-sponsors/using-a-fiscal-host-to-receive-github-sponsors-payouts

Please vote either

 ( ) YES, let's enable sponsoring through the SFC for the OpenWrt
     organization on Github.

 ( ) NO, let's not do that.

I abstain from voting myself but volunteer to take care of setting up
things on github.com in case we decide to do this.
Showing a sponsor button on gh.com/openwrt/openwrt.git can then
subsequently be done by adding .github/FUNDING.yml file to the
repository and enabling sponsorship in the repository settings.

Cheers

Daniel