application aparcar

Jonas Gorski jonas.gorski at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 04:51:00 PDT 2019

On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 at 21:59, Hans Dedecker <dedeckeh at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 9:14 PM Stijn Tintel <stijn at linux-ipv6.be> wrote:
> >
> > On 17/06/19 21:47, Alexander Couzens wrote:
> > > Hi Hans,
> > > Hi John,
> > > Hi Jonas,
> > > Hi Stijn,
> > >
> > > I'm writing towards you because you wrote a Nack for Paul/aparcar.
> > > I agree with Kevin's mail. I like Paul's contribution and ideas.
> > > However he is quite new, but did already a lot of good work around the
> > > OpenWrt codebase.
> > >
> > > I would like to propose an agreement/compromise to accept Paul as team
> > > member of the OpenWrt team, but similiar to the Wiki team without the
> > > nee commit access to openwrt.git.
> >
> > Sounds reasonable, ACK!
> Ack from me as well

In theory fine by me, in practice not possible according to our own
rules - commit access it directly tied to voting right. We would need
to change the rules allow that (something we should consider anyway).

The closest we can do currently is giving commit access on (e-)paper,
but Paul promising not to exercise it. Or at least get an ack/review
by any other developer. I would even suggest making that a requirement
for everyone, but that's a different can of worms ;P

Regards
Jonas