Upcoming OpenSBI v1.2 release

Conor.Dooley at microchip.com Conor.Dooley at microchip.com
Tue Jan 17 14:59:27 PST 2023

On 27/12/2022 17:06, Samuel Holland wrote:
> On 12/22/22 04:49, Conor.Dooley at microchip.com wrote:

>> We are incredibly tight on space in eNVM for the HSS as things stand,
>> so it is likely that we will not move to later versions of OpenSBI
>> than (maybe) v1.1 & stick to cherry-picking fixes.
>> The last time the HSS bumped its OpenSBI version, the change in size
>> of OpenSBI needed some working around IIRC.
>
> Adding Kconfig was quite helpful here. Now that there is an
> officially-supported way to disable unused FDT drivers, my OpenSBI
> builds for D1 are comfortably back under 256 KiB.

I brought it up last week but forgot to respond here.
eNVM on PolarFire SoC is only 128 KiB and the HSS, of which OpenSBI
is but a component, has to fit in that.
As things stand, "we" are already cutting out swathes of code that is
not used on the platform & relying on self decompression - but even
with that it's a struggle to fit.

I don't think v1.2 (or later) is going to happen unfortunately!

Thanks