Upcoming OpenSBI v1.2 release

Conor.Dooley at microchip.com Conor.Dooley at microchip.com
Thu Dec 22 02:49:25 PST 2022

Hey,

On 21/12/2022 15:02, Atish Patra wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2022 at 9:42 PM Anup Patel <anup at brainfault.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We are close to the OpenSBI v1.2 release. I plan to complete this
>> release before the end of next week (i.e. 24th December 2022).
>>
>> Next week, I won't be merging patches unless it's a critical fix.
>> Also, I request everyone to test the latest OpenSBI on their RISC-V
>> platforms.
>>

> Explicitly adding some folks for help in testing. We don't have access
> to all the boards.

In terms of PolarFire SoC, neither good nor bad news? Since OpenSBI is
just one part of the HSS [0] it's non-trivial to do an upgrade & any
meaningful testing - so probably not a runner in advance of Christmas.

We are incredibly tight on space in eNVM for the HSS as things stand,
so it is likely that we will not move to later versions of OpenSBI
than (maybe) v1.1 & stick to cherry-picking fixes.
The last time the HSS bumped its OpenSBI version, the change in size
of OpenSBI needed some working around IIRC.

I'll try to give my boards from other vendors a go, but I doubt I'll
have anything useful done before the 24th.

Apologies for not being more helpful,
Conor.

0 - https://github.com/polarfire-soc/hart-software-services/tree/master/thirdparty/opensbi