Why does the firmware memory region have no permissions?

Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist) abner.chang at hpe.com
Sat May 15 07:17:24 BST 2021

Hi Anup, I think we currently skip that check for moving on the edk2 boot process. So do you have plan to remove this check? Or any alternative?
I think it is unnecessary having this check on the next privilege mode. That should be at OEM discretion of which privilege mode to run their next firmware stage based on the platform design?

Thanks and regards,
Abner